Unlike fusion surgery, CARTIVA® SCI reduces pain without sacrificing movement.1
Implanting CARTIVA® SCI is 40% faster than the alternative fusion surgery.2
No casts or crutches. Patients can typically bear weight immediately after receiving CARTIVA® SCI.2
LONG TERM RESULTS
CARTIVA® SCI is proven to provide long-term pain reduction and increased foot mobility, with 97% reduction in pain demonstrated at almost six years post-procedure.
What to Expect: Recovery
Your big toe arthritis occurred over time, and taking the time to recover properly is important to unlocking the benefits CARTIVA® SCI can provide. Optimal recovery could take 6 to 12 months, so be sure to discuss a recovery plan with your doctor.4
A PHYSICIAN’S PERSPECTIVE
PATIENT EXPECTATIONS & RECOVERY
BURNS NO BRIDGES
“ I no longer feel held back from enjoying the activities I love. It’s a game changer.“
MICKEY M., 62
- Baumhauer JF, Singh D, Glazebrook M, et al. Foot Ankle Int. 2016;37(5):457-469.
- Glazebrook MA, Younger ASE, Daniels TR, et al. Foot Ankle Surg. 2017-May-29.
- Glazebrook, M, Blundell C, O’Dowd D, et al. Foot Ankle Int. 2019;40(4):374-383. Mobility measured using patient reported outcomes from the Foot and Ankle Ability Measure
(FAAM) Sports score.
- Baumhauer JF, Daniels T, Glazebrook M. Orthopedic Clinics. 2019 Jan 1;50(1):109-18.
- Gould N, Schneider W, Ashikaga T. Foot Ankle. 1980;1:8–10
- Zammit GV, et al. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2009 Oct;39(10):733-42.
- Canseco K, et al. J Orthop Res. 2008 Apr;26(4):419-27.